The Pensions Regulator has raised the bar in terms of trustee knowledge and governance requirements and has gone as far as to say that all schemes should appoint an independent professional trustee.
We are able to provide independent pension professionals who can act as an independent chairman, trustee or investment committee member either on an ad hoc basic, or for a fixed term.
Our experience gained from managing pension arrangements in rapidly changing environments has given us the ability to present independent views in a clear and concise manner, and in the appropriate context.
We believe that we can help in the following ways:
- work closely with the Chairman to ensure the right blend of skills and knowledge
- develop and improve relationships, e.g. with the scheme sponsor and other advisers
- support lay trustees in ensuring that complex information is understood
- share the wealth of previous experience and knowledge
- provide an independent voice to challenging investment advisers, actuaries and fund managers
- help to drive through any required changes.